Tuesday, February 10, 2015


                                              Budget Update

 The House and Senate budgets were just released and Jason sent us an e-mail with the results. They kept the Governor’s full restoration of brain injury funding as well as increasing funding to brain injury on top of the full restoration. In addition, both the House and Senate passed our requested inclusion of brain injury fully and regardless of age in the DBHDS waiver redesign process and the Senate included language that would specifically state persons with brain injury with mental health or substance abuse services.

  As person recovering from a traumatic brain injury I can relate to the need for the services provided for recovery and would like to state that my recovery would not have been, as good as I believe it has been, if I had not had The Denbigh House to provide the finishing touches to my rehabilitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment