Friday, February 20, 2015

Employment





Some people consider employment a thing that they have to do
to survive.  A job is something that you
have to do to pay your bills and stay ahead, but for people with a brain injury
or some other kind of disability, getting a job is a blessing!


Companies can hire who they want for any reason that they
want.  When you have a brain injury, you
have to let the employer know up front the things you can and can’t do.  It is up to the company if they want to hire
you and deal with your disabilities.


I said all of that to inform you that I have lived this
experience firsthand.  It is not
something I read in a book, or hard from a friend.  I have a TBI-traumatic brain injury and I
also have a job at Wal-Mart.  Since I
haven’t started work yet, I don’t know what to expect, but I will keep you
posted.   But, just getting the job is a joy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment