Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Glaucoma

    By Geoffrey B.
     Hello my friends around the world!  I want to talk to you about what some might or not know about what is in my eyes.  I have a eye disease called Glaucoma. Glaucoma destroys the optic nerve in the back of the eyes. So one way to stop the Glaucoma from getting worse, is by using eye drops everyday. The eye drops that I use are Alphagan P, Trusopt and Lumigan. I use them in both eyes around 8 am and around 8 pm.  The last eye drops Lumigan, I put in both eyes only at night.  I have to do Vision Field tests and have my eyes checked about every six months. People who have to wear glasses, you need to know if you are nearsighted or farsighted.  If you don't can't tell the difference, nearsighted means you can't see far away. Farsighted means you can't see up close. I am nearsighted.  Some people have to wear glasses only for driving and reading, I have to wear my glasses for everything.  So when I am in The Denbigh House, I have to wear my glasses or I am blind as a bat, because I can not see the task on the board or on the computer screen.  If  I try to turn off the computers in the Denbigh House without my glasses, the turn off button is really blurry. That is what I have to do so my glaucoma will not make my eyes get any worse. If you want the whole story click on Glaucoma. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment