Thursday, August 14, 2014

Conference with DRS Experience

by: Shasmin A.


On Tuesday, August 12, 2014, I went with Alex to a conference to speak to Hired Hands - a job coaching group that helps those who need help with finding jobs - about The Denbigh House and their services. She spoke about the two different types of brain injuries, acquired brain injuries and traumatic brain injuries, and how they are obtained. The Denbigh House is a clubhouse for traumatic brain injury survivors, which is why I was chosen to attend the conference. Near the end, I got to share my story of how I obtained my brain injury, which was brought about because of a car accident. I shared what I could remember of life before, life during, and life after the injury. I also shared information about how I learned about The Denbigh House. I have been attending now since November 25, 2013. This was my first time sharing my story to a group of people I did not know. It was a nice experience and once The Denbigh House gets the approval from the Hampton city school director, I look forward to speaking to the students taking driver's education in their classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment