Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Depression, My Cure


                              Depression, My Cure

                                          by Richard D.

  Growing up I was never really experienced depression, so after having a TBI as an adult, I was forced to deal with my depression. Rather than try to function while dwelling in a “woe is me” frame of mind, to take my mind off of the situation, I took up a hobby with a skill that I had dev-eloped in my youth and that was painting.

  Before I was even in my teens, I began painting classes with Agnes Johnson. Watercolors were used in her classes. However, as an adult I began to use a different medium for my paintings. I took up painting with acrylic paint. Acrylic paint appealed to because it was applied like watercolor paint, but appeared like oil paint when it was dry.

  Painting allowed me to focus my mind on my project and take it off of any problem that I had, or imagined that I had, at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment