Thursday, October 9, 2014

Know a Member: 20 Interesting Facts about John B.

  1. I graduated from North High School (GO! POLAR BEARS!!), IN Worcester Massachusetts in 1968.
  2. I served in the United States Marine Corps from 1968-1970 as a "Grunt".
  3. I attended Tidewater Community College from1971-1973.... I loved Biology!
  4. I attended Old Dominion University from 1974-1978. Primarily majoring in Microbiology (never used it).
  5. I was a member of Tau Kappa Alpha (TKE) fraternity, served as the House Manager.
  6. I worked as a Psychiatric Nursing Assistant on the 9th floor of Norfolk General Hospital. People skills were a MUST!!
  7. I worked in the field of "Radiation Protection" for nearly 28 years as a Health Physics Technician (RadCon Tech), Health Physics Technician Shift Supervisor and as a Health Physics Training Instructor.
  8. I am NRRPT Qualified (National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists).. this was required for my job in radiation protection.
  9. I am a Licensed Glider Pilot, owned my own glider for years.... this is a truly missed part of my life.
  10. I enjoy volunteer work. MORE than paid work.
  11. I am a voting member of the Virginia Brain Injury Council. I find that during those quarterly meetings that ears open and mouth closed works best for me.
  12. I am a Board Member of "Suffolk Meals on Wheels", and volunteer that delivers meals through that program. My function is fundraising (not a strong point for me).
  13. I am the current Vice President of the Carrollton Ruritan Club, it appears that they will make me President later this month in spite of myself.
  14. I volunteer for the Isle of Wight Christian Outreach Program. We make up bags of food for the needy in Isle of Wight County.
  15. I volunteer for "Military Ministry", a Christian outreach program to serve men and women.
  16. I am a decent carpenter and owner of a "fixer-up" home that I enjoy working on. I made $$ on my last house fixing it up, I will make $$ on this one.
  17. I have been married for 32 years, longer than all my siblings' marriages together.
  18. I enjoy reading non-fiction, historical in nature (mainly).
  19. I would like to have many Grandchildren from my two married children.
  20. My goal is to reside in Heaven for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment