Tuesday, October 28, 2014

social media's importance in a brain injury clubhouse environment


Social Media’s importance in a brain Injury clubhouse Environment

   The importance of social media such as: pinterest, facebook, linked –in and blog sites are the major influences for our communication with the outside world.  The Denbigh house uses these media sites for our program information and announcements as well as our general descriptions of our goals and our program benefits.  Also, we use these sites to communicate with other brain injury clubhouses across the United States. 

   This contact with other agencies enables the Denbigh House to communicate with other specialized organizations that can benefit the Denbigh house by spreading the word to the public at large about our services.  Also, we at the Denbigh house are using the public to help us further our goals with fund raisers and donations.

 

  The bottom line is that the Denbigh house services benefit members like me by providing qualified staff to assist me with my employment goals.  Since I have been at the Denbigh house I have furthered my employment goals as well as my social goals.  In addition, I feel like I am contributing to my own success by using social media to write my opinions about brain injury and how it affects me.  I will conclude by saying :  Social media does greatly benefit our program by letting us talk to the world.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment